Health Science is a science-based program. If you dream of helping others and are looking for an opportunity to begin a career in the medical field, then you should consider this program.
You Will Learn:
- Patient care with a focus on nursing
- Anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, & medical ethics
- How to work with other health care professionals
- Overviews of other skilled areas, including physical therapy, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, imaging, & dental assisting
A Typical Student
The typical student is college-bound and wants a career in the medical field. Students have a strong work ethic, are compassionate and detail oriented, and have a mature attitude. Patient confidentiality and respect are expected and practiced throughout the program.
Get Yourself Ready
You will use many skills to solve problems and work with patients. To be prepared, take science courses, especially biology, chemistry and anatomy courses. The following pathway courses will help prepare you for the Health Science I program, further training, and a career in the health field:
- Preparing for College & Careers
- Nutrition & Wellness
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Human Development & Wellness
- Child Development